Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Foods that use a lot of ketchup

On 7/9/2015 4:42 AM, Gregory Morrow wrote:

Republicans Melt Down As Donald Trump Calls Jeb Bush’s Wife An “Illegal
Mexican”
Donald Trump continues to wreck the Republican Party. His most recent
move was to post a tweet claiming that because of his wife, Jeb Bush
likes “illegal Mexicans.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 10:01 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 19:22:18 -1000, dsi1
> > wrote:

>>> Agree. Alaska has many differences as well. I had a friend from Hawaii
>>> and she had to learn to adjust to the foods that we had here.

>> What you probably don't know is that eBay won't sell a lot of stuff to
>> Hawaii or Alaska. I have no idea why. We get treated like we're Nigerians!

> Don't feel bad, Hawaii's economy is still heavily agri based, can't
> drive into California without passing through the Agri inspection
> stations.

Our main source of money is from tourism. Instead of planting cane and
pineapple we plant planned communities. The master plan is to move
people out of Honolulu and into all those plantation areas.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 3:18 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 7/8/2015 10:01 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 19:22:18 -1000, dsi1
>> > wrote:

>>> What you probably don't know is that eBay won't sell a lot of stuff to
>>> Hawaii or Alaska. I have no idea why. We get treated like we're
>>> Nigerians!

>> Don't feel bad, Hawaii's economy is still heavily agri based, can't
>> drive into California without passing through the Agri inspection
>> stations.
>>

> Our main source of money is from tourism. Instead of planting cane and
> pineapple we plant planned communities. The master plan is to move
> people out of Honolulu and into all those plantation areas.

Oooh...sound sort of like bucolic social engineering.

Is it working?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 10:09 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 21:49:50 -1000, dsi1
> > wrote:

>>> I wonder why!

>> It's the latest craze - let's screw Hawaii and Alaska. It's like
>> everybody is jumping on the bandwagon on this one. I've even had sellers
>> in China refusing sales to us poor islanders. That's the breaks.

> Living in Hawaii I'd think you'd know... they can't afford any six
> legged hitch hikers, and Alaska's wild life has to be protected from
> diseases... many vermin arrive in foods and packaging materials.

They're not pro-actively thinking about protecting our native species by
creating restrictions on shipping where there is none. What company does
such a thing? Mostly they're dumb and just following what other sellers
are doing without rhyme or reason.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 10:12 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 21:55:37 -1000, dsi1
> > wrote:

>>> Hmmm that could depend on what they had been eating I suppose, but no, I
>>> would hate to exchange breath with anyone
>>>

>> You got a very good point there!

> A great way to transfer diseases, and not just the common cold.

Lono will protect those that worship him!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 3:23 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 7/8/2015 10:12 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 21:55:37 -1000, dsi1
>> > wrote:

>>> You got a very good point there!

>> A great way to transfer diseases, and not just the common cold.
>>

> Lono will protect those that worship him!

But first you have to travel to Indiana find him:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1229282

http://www.sacred-texts.com/pac/ku/ku06.htm

The word maka, "eye," refers to the constellation of the Pleiades, hiki
is a sign of movement; the word translated liberally hence refers to the
rising of the Pleiades in the heavens corresponding with the time of the
sun's turn northward, bringing warmth again to earth, the growth of
plants, and the spawning of fish. At this time a festival was celebrated
in honor of the fertility god Lono, god of cultivated food plants not
alone in Hawaii but throughout marginal Polynesian islands, and prayed
to in Hawaiian households to send rain and sunshine upon the growing
crops, spawn to fill the fishing stations, offspring to mankind. His
signs were observed in the clouds. Heiau were built to Lono not in time
of war but under stress of famine or scarcity. His worship was mild,
without human sacrifice such as belonged to the severer worship of the
war god Ku. Any man might set up a temple to Lono, a ruling chief alone
to the god Ku as a prayer for success in war, for life in case of
illness, or upon the birth of a first-born son.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 11:40 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/8/2015 3:23 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On 7/8/2015 10:12 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>> On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 21:55:37 -1000, dsi1

>>> A great way to transfer diseases, and not just the common cold.
>>>

>> Lono will protect those that worship him!

> But first you have to travel to Indiana find him:
>
> http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1229282
>

> http://www.sacred-texts.com/pac/ku/ku06.htm
>
> The word maka, "eye," refers to the constellation of the Pleiades, hiki
> is a sign of movement; the word translated liberally hence refers to the
> rising of the Pleiades in the heavens corresponding with the time of the
> sun's turn northward, bringing warmth again to earth, the growth of
> plants, and the spawning of fish. At this time a festival was celebrated
> in honor of the fertility god Lono, god of cultivated food plants not
> alone in Hawaii but throughout marginal Polynesian islands, and prayed
> to in Hawaiian households to send rain and sunshine upon the growing
> crops, spawn to fill the fishing stations, offspring to mankind. His
> signs were observed in the clouds. Heiau were built to Lono not in time
> of war but under stress of famine or scarcity. His worship was mild,
> without human sacrifice such as belonged to the severer worship of the
> war god Ku. Any man might set up a temple to Lono, a ruling chief alone
> to the god Ku as a prayer for success in war, for life in case of
> illness, or upon the birth of a first-born son.

Mostly I was thinking about the god that protects us from the Bradys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-YsN0y7vZI
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 3:58 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 7/8/2015 11:40 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:

>>> Lono will protect those that worship him!

>> But first you have to travel to Indiana find him:
>>
>> http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1229282
>>

>> http://www.sacred-texts.com/pac/ku/ku06.htm
>>
>> The word maka, "eye," refers to the constellation of the Pleiades, hiki
>> is a sign of movement; the word translated liberally hence refers to the
>> rising of the Pleiades in the heavens corresponding with the time of the
>> sun's turn northward, bringing warmth again to earth, the growth of
>> plants, and the spawning of fish. At this time a festival was celebrated
>> in honor of the fertility god Lono, god of cultivated food plants not
>> alone in Hawaii but throughout marginal Polynesian islands, and prayed
>> to in Hawaiian households to send rain and sunshine upon the growing
>> crops, spawn to fill the fishing stations, offspring to mankind. His
>> signs were observed in the clouds. Heiau were built to Lono not in time
>> of war but under stress of famine or scarcity. His worship was mild,
>> without human sacrifice such as belonged to the severer worship of the
>> war god Ku. Any man might set up a temple to Lono, a ruling chief alone
>> to the god Ku as a prayer for success in war, for life in case of
>> illness, or upon the birth of a first-born son.

> Mostly I was thinking about the god that protects us from the Bradys.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-YsN0y7vZI

Hey, they really learned their lesson, didn't they!

Kids...lucky he had Lono with him...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZO6ibBRubA

So what was Vincent Price doing at the Luau?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 11:19 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/8/2015 3:18 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On 7/8/2015 10:01 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>> On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 19:22:18 -1000, dsi1

>>> Don't feel bad, Hawaii's economy is still heavily agri based, can't
>>> drive into California without passing through the Agri inspection
>>> stations.
>>>

>> Our main source of money is from tourism. Instead of planting cane and
>> pineapple we plant planned communities. The master plan is to move
>> people out of Honolulu and into all those plantation areas.

> Oooh...sound sort of like bucolic social engineering.
>
> Is it working?

The Ewa plain of Oahu is a hot, dry, place. OTOH, with photovoltaic
cells and battery storage, you'll always be able to make your own
electricity. It has not succeeded in reducing traffic congestion in
Honolulu but my guess is that in twenty years, it's gonna be a happening
place!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 4:12 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 7/8/2015 11:19 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:

>>> Our main source of money is from tourism. Instead of planting cane and
>>> pineapple we plant planned communities. The master plan is to move
>>> people out of Honolulu and into all those plantation areas.

>> Oooh...sound sort of like bucolic social engineering.
>>
>> Is it working?

> The Ewa plain of Oahu is a hot, dry, place. OTOH, with photovoltaic
> cells and battery storage, you'll always be able to make your own
> electricity. It has not succeeded in reducing traffic congestion in
> Honolulu but my guess is that in twenty years, it's gonna be a happening
> place!

Lol, hope so!

The reverse of what China's trying.

Of course you could sen them all to the big island...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 12:04 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/8/2015 3:58 PM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> But first you have to travel to Indiana find him:
>>>
>>> http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1229282
>>>

>>> http://www.sacred-texts.com/pac/ku/ku06.htm
>>>
>>> The word maka, "eye," refers to the constellation of the Pleiades, hiki
>>> is a sign of movement; the word translated liberally hence refers to the
>>> rising of the Pleiades in the heavens corresponding with the time of the
>>> sun's turn northward, bringing warmth again to earth, the growth of
>>> plants, and the spawning of fish. At this time a festival was celebrated
>>> in honor of the fertility god Lono, god of cultivated food plants not
>>> alone in Hawaii but throughout marginal Polynesian islands, and prayed
>>> to in Hawaiian households to send rain and sunshine upon the growing
>>> crops, spawn to fill the fishing stations, offspring to mankind. His
>>> signs were observed in the clouds. Heiau were built to Lono not in time
>>> of war but under stress of famine or scarcity. His worship was mild,
>>> without human sacrifice such as belonged to the severer worship of the
>>> war god Ku. Any man might set up a temple to Lono, a ruling chief alone
>>> to the god Ku as a prayer for success in war, for life in case of
>>> illness, or upon the birth of a first-born son.

>> Mostly I was thinking about the god that protects us from the Bradys.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-YsN0y7vZI

> Hey, they really learned their lesson, didn't they!

It's actually a great bit of footage... you rarely get to see a surfer
do a faceplant onto a coral reef.

> Kids...lucky he had Lono with him...
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZO6ibBRubA
>
> So what was Vincent Price doing at the Luau?

At least it wasn't Paul Lynde. Hee hee.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 12:16 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/8/2015 4:12 PM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> Oooh...sound sort of like bucolic social engineering.
>>>
>>> Is it working?

>> The Ewa plain of Oahu is a hot, dry, place. OTOH, with photovoltaic
>> cells and battery storage, you'll always be able to make your own
>> electricity. It has not succeeded in reducing traffic congestion in
>> Honolulu but my guess is that in twenty years, it's gonna be a happening
>> place!

> Lol, hope so!
>
> The reverse of what China's trying.
>
> Of course you could sen them all to the big island...

The big island is pretty cool - literally and figuratively. It's got
rain and fire coming out the the earth and it's like living in old
Hawaii. It's only a short plane ride from here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 4:19 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 7/8/2015 12:04 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:

>>> Mostly I was thinking about the god that protects us from the Bradys.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-YsN0y7vZI

>> Hey, they really learned their lesson, didn't they!

> It's actually a great bit of footage... you rarely get to see a surfer
> do a faceplant onto a coral reef.

Coral cuts like a million little knives, he's lucky he didn't come out
as burger meat.

>> Kids...lucky he had Lono with him...
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZO6ibBRubA
>>
>> So what was Vincent Price doing at the Luau?

> At least it wasn't Paul Lynde. Hee hee.

LOL!

Circle gets the Square!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 4:28 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 7/8/2015 12:16 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:

>>> The Ewa plain of Oahu is a hot, dry, place. OTOH, with photovoltaic
>>> cells and battery storage, you'll always be able to make your own
>>> electricity. It has not succeeded in reducing traffic congestion in
>>> Honolulu but my guess is that in twenty years, it's gonna be a happening
>>> place!

>> Lol, hope so!
>>
>> The reverse of what China's trying.
>>
>> Of course you could sen them all to the big island...
>>

> The big island is pretty cool - literally and figuratively. It's got
> rain and fire coming out the the earth and it's like living in old
> Hawaii. It's only a short plane ride from here.

So if you had your choice, would you visit there or Molokai?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 8 Jul 2015 21:03:36 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>> On Wed, 08 Jul 2015 08:40:58 -0600, Janet B >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>On Wed, 8 Jul 2015 08:48:05 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>>>wrote:
>>>
>>>snip

>>>snip
>>>My daughter was here for several days sans family . We ate a lot of
>>>fish and salads. A favorite requested salad is Greek Salad. What are
>>>you cooking today?
>>>Janet US

>.
>
>We are away in our holiday caravan atm and the weather is really hot. I had
>brought ham in my wee freezer and pork pie, so I made a potato salad,
>chopped cucumber, wee plum tomatoes, etc. Ice cream to follow and several
>glasses of dry white wine! Perfect

That sounds perfect.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 08 Jul 2015 11:21:58 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

>On 7/8/2015 10:09 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 21:49:50 -1000, dsi1
>> > wrote:

>>> It's the latest craze - let's screw Hawaii and Alaska. It's like
>>> everybody is jumping on the bandwagon on this one. I've even had sellers
>>> in China refusing sales to us poor islanders. That's the breaks.

>> Living in Hawaii I'd think you'd know... they can't afford any six
>> legged hitch hikers, and Alaska's wild life has to be protected from
>> diseases... many vermin arrive in foods and packaging materials.
>>

>They're not pro-actively thinking about protecting our native species by
>creating restrictions on shipping where there is none. What company does
>such a thing? Mostly they're dumb and just following what other sellers
>are doing without rhyme or reason.

Who's dumb is you... extremely.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 3:43 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Jul 2015 11:21:58 -1000, dsi1
> > wrote:
>
>> On 7/8/2015 10:09 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>> On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 21:49:50 -1000, dsi1

>>> Living in Hawaii I'd think you'd know... they can't afford any six
>>> legged hitch hikers, and Alaska's wild life has to be protected from
>>> diseases... many vermin arrive in foods and packaging materials.
>>>

>> They're not pro-actively thinking about protecting our native species by
>> creating restrictions on shipping where there is none. What company does
>> such a thing? Mostly they're dumb and just following what other sellers
>> are doing without rhyme or reason.

> Who's dumb is you... extremely.

So you're saying that there's a super-secret quarantine on our state?
Holy smokes! You better spill the beans on everything you know about
this right now!

Hee hee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 4:04 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 7/8/2015 9:21 AM, DreadfulBitch wrote:
>> On 7/8/2015 12:22 AM, dsi1 wrote:
>>
>>> What you probably don't know is that eBay won't sell a lot of stuff to
>>> Hawaii or Alaska. I have no idea why.

>> I've always presumed it was because of the cost of shipping.
>>

> The logical thing would be to make the shipping charges a little higher
> for A&H. I've seen this before. That's OK with with me.

I know the costs of living in Hawaii & Alaska are higher than the
mainland so would raising the price of things to cover increased
shipping be OK with everyone? Would sales suffer?

--
DreadfulBitch

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 08 Jul 2015 22:00:17 -0500, DreadfulBitch
> wrote:

> I know the costs of living in Hawaii & Alaska are higher than the
> mainland so would raising the price of things to cover increased
> shipping be OK with everyone? Would sales suffer?

Sales can only improve if they aren't shipping to Hawaii and Alaska
now.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 5:00 PM, DreadfulBitch wrote:
> On 7/8/2015 4:04 PM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> I've always presumed it was because of the cost of shipping.
>>>

>> The logical thing would be to make the shipping charges a little higher
>> for A&H. I've seen this before. That's OK with with me.

> I know the costs of living in Hawaii & Alaska are higher than the
> mainland so would raising the price of things to cover increased
> shipping be OK with everyone? Would sales suffer?

They sure would because as it stands, their sales to this state is zero.
I have to find sellers that don't have restrictions on selling to us.
The rise in this embargo on our shores is quite alarming. I get the
feeling that it's a case a monkey see, monkey do. It's those damn
monkey's fault!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 7/8/2015 9:21 AM, DreadfulBitch wrote:
>> On 7/8/2015 12:22 AM, dsi1 wrote:
>>
>>> What you probably don't know is that eBay won't sell a lot of stuff to
>>> Hawaii or Alaska. I have no idea why.

>> I've always presumed it was because of the cost of shipping.
>>

> The logical thing would be to make the shipping charges a little higher
> for A&H. I've seen this before. That's OK with with me. The new trend is
> no sales to our rock under any circumstances. Excluding some citizens of
> the United States is no way to treat us red-blooded Americans. This makes
> about as much sense as refusing to sell to people in Montana. OTOH, I can
> understand not selling to Montana. Hee hee.
>

> "Shipping to: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Mexico,
> Germany, Japan, Denmark, Romania, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic,
> Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Estonia, Greece, Portugal,
> Cyprus, Slovenia, China, Sweden, Korea, South, Indonesia, Taiwan, South
> Africa, Thailand, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Ireland, Netherlands,
> Poland, Spain, Italy, Austria, Russian Federation, Israel, New Zealand,
> Philippines, Singapore, Switzerland, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, United
> Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Croatia, Republic of, Malaysia,
> Turkey, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Panama,
> Trinidad and Tobago, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Jamaica
>
> Excludes: Alaska/Hawaii, US Protectorates"

That's very sad. I know that some things can't be shipped to some areas.
This includes plants, liquor and supplements. Doesn't apply here though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message

> At least it wasn't Paul Lynde. Hee hee.

I' always liked him!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 9:54 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>
>> At least it wasn't Paul Lynde. Hee hee.

> I' always liked him!

The best, and don't forget Charley Weaver!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9oJTtOI2O4
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 5:46 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> I've always presumed it was because of the cost of shipping.
>>>

>> The logical thing would be to make the shipping charges a little
>> higher for A&H. I've seen this before. That's OK with with me. The new
>> trend is no sales to our rock under any circumstances. Excluding some
>> citizens of the United States is no way to treat us red-blooded
>> Americans. This makes about as much sense as refusing to sell to
>> people in Montana. OTOH, I can understand not selling to Montana. Hee
>> hee.
>>

>> "Shipping to: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia,
>> Mexico, Germany, Japan, Denmark, Romania, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Czech
>> Republic, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Estonia, Greece,
>> Portugal, Cyprus, Slovenia, China, Sweden, Korea, South, Indonesia,
>> Taiwan, South Africa, Thailand, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Ireland,
>> Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Italy, Austria, Russian Federation,
>> Israel, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Switzerland, Norway,
>> Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain,
>> Croatia, Republic of, Malaysia, Turkey, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa
>> Rica, Dominican Republic, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago, Guatemala, El
>> Salvador, Honduras, Jamaica
>>
>> Excludes: Alaska/Hawaii, US Protectorates"

> That's very sad. I know that some things can't be shipped to some
> areas. This includes plants, liquor and supplements. Doesn't apply here
> though.

The department of agriculture screens bags leaving the island. Incoming
passengers get sprayed with some kind of magical anti-bug mist in the
plane. Hoo boy!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet B" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 8 Jul 2015 21:03:36 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:

>>.
>>
>>We are away in our holiday caravan atm and the weather is really hot. I
>>had
>>brought ham in my wee freezer and pork pie, so I made a potato salad,
>>chopped cucumber, wee plum tomatoes, etc. Ice cream to follow and several
>>glasses of dry white wine! Perfect

> That sounds perfect.

It was, thank you. Today won't be quite so hot, so we are going to Whitby
on the North Yorkshire Coast for the best fish and chips in the world!
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/9/2015 4:24 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> It was, thank you. Today won't be quite so hot, so we are going to
> Whitby on the North Yorkshire Coast for the best fish and chips in the
> world!

It used to be Helmsdale that had the world's best fish and chips!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

S Viemeister wrote:

> On 7/9/2015 4:24 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > It was, thank you. Today won't be quite so hot, so we are going to
> > Whitby on the North Yorkshire Coast for the best fish and chips in the
> > world!

> It used to be Helmsdale that had the world's best fish and chips!

For the first time ever, I bought a bottle of malt vinegar this
morning. Never had it before but I know you UK ppl swear by it on
chips (our french fries).

For you in the know, it's "Original London Pub" malt vinegar.
"Traditional British Flavor." Did I do good? Is this a good brand?

I'll do some frying soon and give it a try. I assume just a tiny
sprinkle once the fries/chips are out, draining, and S&P added. ?

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2015 10:43 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 7/8/2015 5:46 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> The logical thing would be to make the shipping charges a little
>>> higher for A&H. I've seen this before. That's OK with with me. The new
>>> trend is no sales to our rock under any circumstances. Excluding some
>>> citizens of the United States is no way to treat us red-blooded
>>> Americans. This makes about as much sense as refusing to sell to
>>> people in Montana. OTOH, I can understand not selling to Montana. Hee
>>> hee.
>>>

>>> "Shipping to: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia,
>>> Mexico, Germany, Japan, Denmark, Romania, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Czech
>>> Republic, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Estonia, Greece,
>>> Portugal, Cyprus, Slovenia, China, Sweden, Korea, South, Indonesia,
>>> Taiwan, South Africa, Thailand, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Ireland,
>>> Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Italy, Austria, Russian Federation,
>>> Israel, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Switzerland, Norway,
>>> Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain,
>>> Croatia, Republic of, Malaysia, Turkey, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa
>>> Rica, Dominican Republic, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago, Guatemala, El
>>> Salvador, Honduras, Jamaica
>>>
>>> Excludes: Alaska/Hawaii, US Protectorates"

>> That's very sad. I know that some things can't be shipped to some
>> areas. This includes plants, liquor and supplements. Doesn't apply here
>> though.

> The department of agriculture screens bags leaving the island. Incoming
> passengers get sprayed with some kind of magical anti-bug mist in the
> plane. Hoo boy!

Oh wow, I do recall that - spray cans of floral scented, well....who
knows what?

But they were nice enough to ley me on the way out to the terminal.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 09 Jul 2015 10:18:23 -0400, Gary > wrote:

> S Viemeister wrote:
> >
> > On 7/9/2015 4:24 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> > >
> > > It was, thank you. Today won't be quite so hot, so we are going to
> > > Whitby on the North Yorkshire Coast for the best fish and chips in the
> > > world!

> > It used to be Helmsdale that had the world's best fish and chips!

> For the first time ever, I bought a bottle of malt vinegar this
> morning. Never had it before but I know you UK ppl swear by it on
> chips (our french fries).
>
> For you in the know, it's "Original London Pub" malt vinegar.
> "Traditional British Flavor." Did I do good? Is this a good brand?
>
> I'll do some frying soon and give it a try. I assume just a tiny
> sprinkle once the fries/chips are out, draining, and S&P added. ?

Buy some fish to batter and fry up too - do it all!

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"S Viemeister" > wrote in message
> On 7/9/2015 4:24 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> It was, thank you. Today won't be quite so hot, so we are going to
>> Whitby on the North Yorkshire Coast for the best fish and chips in the
>> world!

> It used to be Helmsdale that had the world's best fish and chips!

For me it used to be Anstruther, but now ... it has to be Whitby

They were wonderful))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> S Viemeister wrote:
>>
>> On 7/9/2015 4:24 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> >
>> > It was, thank you. Today won't be quite so hot, so we are going to
>> > Whitby on the North Yorkshire Coast for the best fish and chips in the
>> > world!

>> It used to be Helmsdale that had the world's best fish and chips!

> For the first time ever, I bought a bottle of malt vinegar this
> morning. Never had it before but I know you UK ppl swear by it on
> chips (our french fries).
>
> For you in the know, it's "Original London Pub" malt vinegar.
> "Traditional British Flavor." Did I do good? Is this a good brand?
>
> I'll do some frying soon and give it a try. I assume just a tiny
> sprinkle once the fries/chips are out, draining, and S&P added. ?

Not sure how you will like it if you are not used to it. I grew up with it
and today, I had a lot of salt and a lot of malt vinegar!!!
I've never put pepper on my fish and chips .. ymmv. Just salt and vinegar.

Try it out with just a couple of chips first to see if you like it. It
would be shame to spoil the rest if you don't.

Oh and do report back

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 8:04:39 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "Gary" > wrote in message ....
> > S Viemeister wrote:

> >> It used to be Helmsdale that had the world's best fish and chips!

> > For the first time ever, I bought a bottle of malt vinegar this
> > morning. Never had it before but I know you UK ppl swear by it on
> > chips (our french fries).
> >
> > For you in the know, it's "Original London Pub" malt vinegar.
> > "Traditional British Flavor." Did I do good? Is this a good brand?
> >
> > I'll do some frying soon and give it a try. I assume just a tiny
> > sprinkle once the fries/chips are out, draining, and S&P added. ?

> Not sure how you will like it if you are not used to it. I grew up with it
> and today, I had a lot of salt and a lot of malt vinegar!!!
> I've never put pepper on my fish and chips .. ymmv. Just salt and vinegar.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 8:04:39 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

>> > For the first time ever, I bought a bottle of malt vinegar this
>> > morning. Never had it before but I know you UK ppl swear by it on
>> > chips (our french fries).
>> >
>> > For you in the know, it's "Original London Pub" malt vinegar.
>> > "Traditional British Flavor." Did I do good? Is this a good brand?
>> >
>> > I'll do some frying soon and give it a try. I assume just a tiny
>> > sprinkle once the fries/chips are out, draining, and S&P added. ?

>> Not sure how you will like it if you are not used to it. I grew up with
>> it
>> and today, I had a lot of salt and a lot of malt vinegar!!!
>> I've never put pepper on my fish and chips .. ymmv. Just salt and
>> vinegar.
>>
>> Try it out with just a couple of chips first to see if you like it. It
>> would be shame to spoil the rest if you don't.
>>
>> Oh and do report back
>>
>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

> I was at a neighbors house back in 68 or so listening to the Rolling
> Stones when my friend's mom brought in some fish and chip from a new place
> that opened up in our little town. I didn't know at the time but it was a
> most auspicious event. I never had fish and chips before - heck I didn't
> like fish when I was a kid but this was something different. I could go
> for some right now. Pass the malt vinegar - please!

What a pity you were not in Whitby with us this afternoon!! Wonderful))
The only problem was that I have a small appetite and the portions were
huge!!! Still, the dog helped me out

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 10:17:54 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" <> wrote in message

> >> Not sure how you will like it if you are not used to it. I grew up with
> >> it
> >> and today, I had a lot of salt and a lot of malt vinegar!!!
> >> I've never put pepper on my fish and chips .. ymmv. Just salt and
> >> vinegar.
> >>
> >> Try it out with just a couple of chips first to see if you like it. It
> >> would be shame to spoil the rest if you don't.
> >>
> >> Oh and do report back
> >>
> >> --
> >> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

> > I was at a neighbors house back in 68 or so listening to the Rolling
> > Stones when my friend's mom brought in some fish and chip from a new place
> > that opened up in our little town. I didn't know at the time but it was a
> > most auspicious event. I never had fish and chips before - heck I didn't
> > like fish when I was a kid but this was something different. I could go
> > for some right now. Pass the malt vinegar - please!

> What a pity you were not in Whitby with us this afternoon!! Wonderful))
> The only problem was that I have a small appetite and the portions were
> huge!!! Still, the dog helped me out
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

You got the right! My main problem now is where the heck can I get fish and chips on this rock! We eat a lot of fish over here but most of it is raw. My guess is that the Denny's in town will have it. OTOH, I suppose I could fry some up myself - I got a fryer full of nasty-ass oil.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/9/2015 2:06 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 8:04:39 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

>>> For the first time ever, I bought a bottle of malt vinegar this
>>> morning. Never had it before but I know you UK ppl swear by it on
>>> chips (our french fries).
>>>
>>> For you in the know, it's "Original London Pub" malt vinegar.
>>> "Traditional British Flavor." Did I do good? Is this a good brand?
>>>
>>> I'll do some frying soon and give it a try. I assume just a tiny
>>> sprinkle once the fries/chips are out, draining, and S&P added. ?

>> Not sure how you will like it if you are not used to it. I grew up with it
>> and today, I had a lot of salt and a lot of malt vinegar!!!
>> I've never put pepper on my fish and chips .. ymmv. Just salt and vinegar.
>>
>> Try it out with just a couple of chips first to see if you like it. It
>> would be shame to spoil the rest if you don't.
>>
>> Oh and do report back
>>
>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

> I was at a neighbors house back in 68 or so listening to the Rolling Stones when my friend's mom brought in some fish and chip from a new place that opened up in our little town. I didn't know at the time but it was a most auspicious event. I never had fish and chips before - heck I didn't like fish when I was a kid but this was something different. I could go for some right now. Pass the malt vinegar - please!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAPgDs30eq8

"Weren't you at the Coke convention
Back in nineteen sixty-five
You're the misbred, gray executive
I've seen heavily advertised

You're the great, gray man whose daughter licks
Policemen's buttons clean
You're the man who squats behind the man
Who works the soft machine.."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/9/2015 2:52 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 10:17:54 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I was at a neighbors house back in 68 or so listening to the Rolling
>>> Stones when my friend's mom brought in some fish and chip from a new place
>>> that opened up in our little town. I didn't know at the time but it was a
>>> most auspicious event. I never had fish and chips before - heck I didn't
>>> like fish when I was a kid but this was something different. I could go
>>> for some right now. Pass the malt vinegar - please!

>> What a pity you were not in Whitby with us this afternoon!! Wonderful))
>> The only problem was that I have a small appetite and the portions were
>> huge!!! Still, the dog helped me out
>>

>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

> You got the right! My main problem now is where the heck can I get fish and chips on this rock! We eat a lot of fish over here but most of it is raw. My guess is that the Denny's in town will have it. OTOH, I suppose I could fry some up myself - I got a fryer full of nasty-ass oil.

No, no, no....you want fresh clean peanut oil!

And Cod, which I don't think you have.

It's got to be a flaky soft white flesh, not Mahi which is more steak-like.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One more fraud.

From: Acme Bully Control >
logging-data="25069"; "

I ONLY USE AIOE.ORG
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One more fraud.

From: Acme Bully Control >
logging-data="25069"; "

I ONLY USE AIOE.ORG

Find someone else to pick on, you droning, toad-spotted gudgeon!

No one cares.

Get OUT!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/9/2015 3:21 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/10/2015 7:03 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
>

> One more fraud.

BODINE FRAUD!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/9/2015 3:23 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> Find someone else

BODINE FRAUD!