Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Foods that use a lot of ketchup

"dsi1" > wrote in message

>> What a pity you were not in Whitby with us this afternoon!!
>> Wonderful))
>> The only problem was that I have a small appetite and the portions were
>> huge!!! Still, the dog helped me out

> You got the right! My main problem now is where the heck can I get fish
> and chips on this rock! We eat a lot of fish over here but most of it is
> raw. My guess is that the Denny's in town will have it. OTOH, I suppose I
> could fry some up myself - I got a fryer full of nasty-ass oil.

I make my own at home. If it helps this is what I use for my batter:

400g plain flour, put in the freezer for 15 minutes before using
3tsp baking powder
550ml very cold fizzy water (you can use beer but we don't like it).
4 pieces of cod (or your favourite white fish)

I always dust the fish first in a little flour; it helps the batter to
stick.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/9/2015 3:48 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> Conservatives gathered at

BODINE FRAUD!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/9/2015 2:00 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> "S Viemeister" > wrote
>> On 7/9/2015 4:24 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> It was, thank you. Today won't be quite so hot, so we are going to
>>> Whitby on the North Yorkshire Coast for the best fish and chips in the
>>> world!

>> It used to be Helmsdale that had the world's best fish and chips!

> For me it used to be Anstruther, but now ... it has to be Whitby
>
> They were wonderful))

I've never visited Whitby - perhaps I should consider doing so.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"S Viemeister" > wrote in message
> On 7/9/2015 2:00 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> It used to be Helmsdale that had the world's best fish and chips!

>> For me it used to be Anstruther, but now ... it has to be Whitby
>>
>> They were wonderful))
>>

> I've never visited Whitby - perhaps I should consider doing so.

You really should! If you do go, get your fish and chips at a little cafe
opposite the Co-op and car park. I expect the others are as good but that
for me is the best

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> You got the right! My main problem now is where the heck can I get
>>> fish and chips on this rock! We eat a lot of fish over here but most
>>> of it is raw. My guess is that the Denny's in town will have it. OTOH,
>>> I suppose I could fry some up myself - I got a fryer full of nasty-ass
>>> oil.

>> I make my own at home. If it helps this is what I use for my batter:
>>
>> 400g plain flour, put in the freezer for 15 minutes before using
>> 3tsp baking powder
>> 550ml very cold fizzy water (you can use beer but we don't like it).
>> 4 pieces of cod (or your favourite white fish)
>>
>> I always dust the fish first in a little flour; it helps the batter to
>> stick.
>>

> Sounds great! The best part is that it's simple - I don't really need a
> recipe. Thanks!

True Nor I (I've been using it for too long) but that is what
the recipe is. Try it with beer, it seems to be very popular, but it makes
it too strong for us. Oh yes and add a bit of salt too. I cook mine in
light oil at about 175c for between 5 and 10 mins depending on the thickness
of the fish. Experiment to see how you like it best.

Report back if you get around to it.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 9:41:46 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" > wrote in message

> >> I make my own at home. If it helps this is what I use for my batter:
> >>
> >> 400g plain flour, put in the freezer for 15 minutes before using
> >> 3tsp baking powder
> >> 550ml very cold fizzy water (you can use beer but we don't like it).
> >> 4 pieces of cod (or your favourite white fish)
> >>
> >> I always dust the fish first in a little flour; it helps the batter to
> >> stick.
> >>

> > Sounds great! The best part is that it's simple - I don't really need a
> > recipe. Thanks!

> True Nor I (I've been using it for too long) but that is what
> the recipe is. Try it with beer, it seems to be very popular, but it makes
> it too strong for us. Oh yes and add a bit of salt too. I cook mine in
> light oil at about 175c for between 5 and 10 mins depending on the thickness
> of the fish. Experiment to see how you like it best.
>
> Report back if you get around to it.
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

I shall report back to you. BTW, I did have some fish tonight. No chips though. Oddly enough, it was at a place called "Hot Dog on a Stick." They serve a great English-style fried fish. I could have ordered French fries with that but instead, I had the fish with a most unexpected thing - fried zucchini. Normally, I would never order zucchini over potatoes but a large spear of battered and fried zucchini is a most wonderful thing.

This is served with a generous portion of tartar sauce and ranch dressing. Unfortunately, there was no malt vinegar anywhere to be seen. Beats me why not. They probably don't realize they're serving great fish in the English style or maybe they don't want to go down that road. The place is unique in that they specialize in real lemonade made from fresh lemons. This makes a good foil for the fried food.

Normally I don't ever go to Hot Dog on a Stick because they make those poor young women wear uniforms that have to be the most degrading fast food uniforms ever and, let's face it, chances are slim that one is not going to feel a little sick after having a platter consisting entirely of fried food. OTOH, I'm just darned pleased that I went there.

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/hot-d...aw 53bC24QULQ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 9:41:46 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

>> > Sounds great! The best part is that it's simple - I don't really need a
>> > recipe. Thanks!

>> True Nor I (I've been using it for too long) but that is what
>> the recipe is. Try it with beer, it seems to be very popular, but it
>> makes
>> it too strong for us. Oh yes and add a bit of salt too. I cook mine in
>> light oil at about 175c for between 5 and 10 mins depending on the
>> thickness
>> of the fish. Experiment to see how you like it best.
>>
>> Report back if you get around to it.
>>
>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

> I shall report back to you. BTW, I did have some fish tonight. No chips
> though. Oddly enough, it was at a place called "Hot Dog on a Stick." They
> serve a great English-style fried fish. I could have ordered French fries
> with that but instead, I had the fish with a most unexpected thing - fried
> zucchini. Normally, I would never order zucchini over potatoes but a large
> spear of battered and fried zucchini is a most wonderful thing.
>
> This is served with a generous portion of tartar sauce and ranch dressing.
> Unfortunately, there was no malt vinegar anywhere to be seen. Beats me why
> not. They probably don't realize they're serving great fish in the English
> style or maybe they don't want to go down that road. The place is unique
> in that they specialize in real lemonade made from fresh lemons. This
> makes a good foil for the fried food.
>
> Normally I don't ever go to Hot Dog on a Stick because they make those
> poor young women wear uniforms that have to be the most degrading fast
> food uniforms ever and, let's face it, chances are slim that one is not
> going to feel a little sick after having a platter consisting entirely of
> fried food. OTOH, I'm just darned pleased that I went there.
>
> http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/hot-d...aw 53bC24QULQ

Jolly good) btw if I were you, I would try the malt vinegar on chips
first before using it on the fish. Myself I put loads on the fish, chips
and mushy peas as well, but then I grew up with it)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/10/2015 3:32 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "S Viemeister" > wrote
>> On 7/9/2015 2:00 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>> "S Viemeister" > wrote
>>> For me it used to be Anstruther, but now ... it has to be Whitby
>>> They were wonderful))

>> I've never visited Whitby - perhaps I should consider doing so.

> You really should! If you do go, get your fish and chips at a little
> cafe opposite the Co-op and car park. I expect the others are as good
> but that for me is the best

(makes note for future reference)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"S Viemeister" > wrote in message
> On 7/10/2015 3:32 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>> I've never visited Whitby - perhaps I should consider doing so.

>> You really should! If you do go, get your fish and chips at a little
>> cafe opposite the Co-op and car park. I expect the others are as good
>> but that for me is the best
>>

> (makes note for future reference)

Let me know if you get there Nice to walk over the bridge into the old
town too

I usually make my own when I am at home, because I was finding from fish
shops, the batter wasn't cooked properly and there was a thin line of raw
batter on the inside next to the fish ... ( yeuch!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> Myself I put loads on the fish, chips
> and mushy peas as well, but then I grew up with it)

What is your recipe for "mushy peas?" My daughter loved my mom's
"mushy peas" but they were just canned peas cooked to death. Is your
version different?

G.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Myself I put loads on the fish, chips
>> and mushy peas as well, but then I grew up with it)

> What is your recipe for "mushy peas?" My daughter loved my mom's
> "mushy peas" but they were just canned peas cooked to death. Is your
> version different?

No so long as they are canned marrowfat peas At any rate, not new peas.

..

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 10:36:26 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Myself I put loads on the fish, chips
>> and mushy peas as well, but then I grew up with it)

>What is your recipe for "mushy peas?" My daughter loved my mom's
>"mushy peas" but they were just canned peas cooked to death. Is your
>version different?

I haven't bought canned peas since I can't remember when... I prefer
frozen peas, and I rarely heat them let alone cook them... I like
frozen green peas marinated with beans or just defrosted in a tossed
salad. I used to grow green peas but they are too much work to pick
and hull, instead I grow sugar snap peas, no hulling, eat them hull
and all, no cooking either. To me mushy peas means dried pea suop...
now I'm reminded that I have two 1 qt containers in the freezer from
last winter... should defrost one for tomorrow's lunch, will go well
with an SLT on rye.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 10, 2015 at 11:15:00 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> "Gary" > wrote in message ...
> > Ophelia wrote:
> >>
> >> Myself I put loads on the fish, chips
> >> and mushy peas as well, but then I grew up with it)

> > What is your recipe for "mushy peas?" My daughter loved my mom's
> > "mushy peas" but they were just canned peas cooked to death. Is your
> > version different?

> No so long as they are canned marrowfat peas At any rate, not new peas.

And here's some translation (for those of us who have no idea what marrowfat
peas are), courtesy of Wikipedia.

Marrowfat peas are green mature peas that have been allowed to dry out naturally in the field, rather than be harvested whilst still young like the normal garden pea. They are used to make mushy peas and also the snack food wasabi peas.

Marrowfat is a traditional, starchy, large-seeded variety of pea
(Pisum sativum var. medullare.) The word was coined around 1730 from marrow + fat.

....[i]mmature peas (and in snow peas the tender pod as well) are used as a vegetable, fresh, frozen or canned.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
...[i]
> On Friday, July 10, 2015 at 11:15:00 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:

>> > What is your recipe for "mushy peas?" My daughter loved my mom's
>> > "mushy peas" but they were just canned peas cooked to death. Is your
>> > version different?

>> No so long as they are canned marrowfat peas At any rate, not new
>> peas.

> And here's some translation (for those of us who have no idea what
> marrowfat
> peas are), courtesy of Wikipedia.
>
> Marrowfat peas are green mature peas that have been allowed to dry out
> naturally in the field, rather than be harvested whilst still young like
> the normal garden pea. They are used to make mushy peas and also the snack
> food wasabi peas.
>
> Marrowfat is a traditional, starchy, large-seeded variety of pea
> (Pisum sativum var. medullare.) The word was coined around 1730 from
> marrow + fat.
>
> ...mmature peas (and in snow peas the tender pod as well) are used as a
> vegetable, fresh, frozen or canned.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Thank you for that I couldn't have provided that explanation) We can
buy marrowfat peas dried, or the easiest for mushy peas is just canned

http://britishfood.about.com/od/tzre...eas-Recipe.htm

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2015-07-04 06:49:05 +0000, Julie Bove said:

> Long story short, I have two open bottles of ketchup.

Very long story short: It can't be done. Throw one bottle away.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2015 5:00 AM, wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 16:01:31 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:

>>> What is your recipe for "mushy peas?" My daughter loved my mom's
>>> "mushy peas" but they were just canned peas cooked to death. Is
>>> your version different?

Never mind the flip-flopping on his stance on immigration or whether
he's hoping his family and their supporters will be doing their part to
give Americans a big heaping helping of revisionist history when it
comes to his brother's time in office, as Ring of Fire's Mike Papantonio
and guest Sam Seder reminded their listeners this week, there is a whole
host of other issues that the public should know about if Jeb Bush does
actually throw his hat into the ring and runs for president in 2016.

As Pap noted, it's time to stop this campaign before it starts, because
we sure as hell can't count on our "mainstream media" to do their part
and tell their viewers that Jeb Bush has every bit as much baggage as
his brother.

It seems Florida's current Gov. Rick Scott isn't the only one with
problems involving Medicare fraud: Jeb Bush Lobbied On Behalf Of
Infamous Medicare Swindler, Says Former HHS Secretary.

He was right there with the rest of the PNAC neocons who brought us the
invasion of Iraq.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2015 3:35 AM, gtr wrote:
> On 2015-07-04 06:49:05 +0000, Julie Bove said:
>
>> Long story short, I have two open bottles of ketchup.

> Very long story short: It can't be done. Throw one bottle away.

Jeb Bush Wants Us to Forget His Election Fraud that Stole the White
House for George |via Occupy Democrats

As Jeb Bush prepares for his imminent presidential campaign, the
American people must keep in mind just who this man is and the crimes he
committed rigging the 2000 presidential election, which put his brother
George W. in the Oval Office, set us on the road to the Iraq War, the
Great Recession, destroyed America’s standing in the world, altered
American history forever.

Jeb Bush just so happened to be the Governor of Florida during that
election, and as you may recall, the Florida vote was so close that
recounts were requested and eventually declared his brother the winner.
Katherine Harris, Jeb’s secretary of state and the co-chair of the
George W. campaign, organized the election system that somehow ended up
losing or spoiling the ballots of hundreds of thousands of
African-American voters, who just so coincidentally tend to vote
Democratic. During the recount period, it is documented that the
Governor’s office made 95 calls to the Bush campaign- calls which Jeb
somehow “cannot remember” the reason for. That answer is unacceptable
for allegations of such importance. Why can’t you remember, Jeb?

For once the whole story comes together, the evidence is hard to ignore.
Vanity Fair reported that “Information came pouring in faster than
anyone could digest it—about polling places that had been understaffed,
about voters who had been sent on wild-goose chases to find their
polling places, about blacks barred from voting, and about police
roadblocks to keep people from the polls.” Commissioner Victoria Wilson
of the US Commission on Civil Rights concluded that “There emerges a
confluence of circumstances that indicates intimidation and harassment
of the Florida voters, and that was set in motion long before the
November election.”
State apparatus, officials, and employees were all mobilized in order to
perpetrate this fraud, and there are only two conclusions– the first
that Jeb Bush and the machinations of Karl Rove organized and
perpetrated the most egregious voter fraud in American history, or that
he was such an incompetent leader that he failed to notice what was
happening right under his nose. Either way, it is criminal subversion of
the democratic principles which we hold dear, and the fact that him and
his whole team got away with it is appalling.

All this was fifteen years ago, and now Jeb is eyeing the throne for his
own self. We should remember just what kind of a man he is, and what he
is responsible for. The man who in 1994 openly admitted he would do
“probably nothing” for the African-American community in Florida, and
then systematically disenfranchised the voting rights of hundreds of
thousands of his own constituents. The man who aided and abetted the
biggest election steal in history, setting us up for a catastrophic
invasion of Iraq and the groundwork for the Great Recession. During this
election, the media should take him to task for just what those phone
calls were about. “I don’t remember” just doesn’t cut it, and America
deserves answers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 16:01:31 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:

>>> What is your recipe for "mushy peas?" My daughter loved my mom's
>>> "mushy peas" but they were just canned peas cooked to death. Is your
>>> version different?

>>No so long as they are canned marrowfat peas At any rate, not new peas.
>>
>>.

> I spotted some the other day in our stupidmarket, Bachelors Marrowfat
> Dried Peas. Had some last weekend, still have half a pack. You like
> me to mail you a packet ?

Who me? Nooooooooooooo I could buy them but there is no point when I can
get them in cans ready done)) Thanks anyway

http://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/b...FWNz2wodERcPwA

In every supermarket here)
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/10/2015 7:01 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:[i]
> On Friday, July 10, 2015 at 11:15:00 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:

>>> What is your recipe for "mushy peas?" My daughter loved my mom's
>>> "mushy peas" but they were just canned peas cooked to death. Is your
>>> version different?

>> No so long as they are canned marrowfat peas At any rate, not new peas.

> And here's some translation (for those of us who have no idea what marrowfat
> peas are), courtesy of Wikipedia.
>
> Marrowfat peas are green mature peas that have been allowed to dry out naturally in the field, rather than be harvested whilst still young like the normal garden pea. They are used to make mushy peas and also the snack food wasabi peas.
>
> Marrowfat is a traditional, starchy, large-seeded variety of pea
> (Pisum sativum var. medullare.) The word was coined around 1730 from marrow + fat.
>
> ...mmature peas (and in snow peas the tender pod as well) are used as a vegetable, fresh, frozen or canned.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

They must have put a committee together to come up with a name so
unappealing. I was eating wasabi peas yesterday and pondering how they
got the peas so big.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/10/2015 1:24 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> portions >>>> were

>>> nasty-ass

>>> batter to

>>> need a
>>>
>>> True Nor I (I've been using it for too long) but that is what
>>> the recipe is. Try it with beer, it seems to be very popular, but it
>>> makes
>>> it too strong for us. Oh yes and add a bit of salt too. I cook mine in
>>> light oil at about 175c for between 5 and 10 mins depending on the
>>> thickness
>>> of the fish. Experiment to see how you like it best.
>>>
>>> Report back if you get around to it.
>>>
>>> --
>>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

>> I shall report back to you. BTW, I did have some fish tonight. No
>> chips though. Oddly enough, it was at a place called "Hot Dog on a
>> Stick." They serve a great English-style fried fish. I could have
>> ordered French fries with that but instead, I had the fish with a most
>> unexpected thing - fried zucchini. Normally, I would never order
>> zucchini over potatoes but a large spear of battered and fried
>> zucchini is a most wonderful thing.
>>
>> This is served with a generous portion of tartar sauce and ranch
>> dressing. Unfortunately, there was no malt vinegar anywhere to be
>> seen. Beats me why not. They probably don't realize they're serving
>> great fish in the English style or maybe they don't want to go down
>> that road. The place is unique in that they specialize in real
>> lemonade made from fresh lemons. This makes a good foil for the fried
>> food.
>>
>> Normally I don't ever go to Hot Dog on a Stick because they make those
>> poor young women wear uniforms that have to be the most degrading fast
>> food uniforms ever and, let's face it, chances are slim that one is
>> not going to feel a little sick after having a platter consisting
>> entirely of fried food. OTOH, I'm just darned pleased that I went
>> there.
>>
>> http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/hot-d...aw 53bC24QULQ
>>

> Jolly good) btw if I were you, I would try the malt vinegar on chips
> first before using it on the fish. Myself I put loads on the fish,
> chips and mushy peas as well, but then I grew up with it)

I'll pick up a bottle the next time I go shopping.

Speaking of condiments, bought some chicken the other day to take back
to the office because chicken is the only thing the guy that watches the
office when I'm not there will eat and I feel the need to feed him
because I just pay him peanuts. Well, more like peanut shells anyway -
hee hee.

Anyway, it came with biscuits so I asked the girl it I could have some
honey for the biscuits. She got a weird blank look on her face and
proceeded to reach under the counter and grabbed a big handful of
packets and put it in a bag. I thought that was an awful lot of honey
for 4 biscuits but then she proceeded to reach under there again to grab
another big handful of packets and put them in the bag. I thought that
was a rather odd thing to do. She kept on grabbing more stuff under the
counter 2 more times. I left carrying a bag full of strawberry and grape
jelly, honey, and ketchup. What - ketchup on a biscuit? She must have
thought I was Donald Trump!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 7/10/2015 1:24 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I shall report back to you. BTW, I did have some fish tonight. No
>>> chips though. Oddly enough, it was at a place called "Hot Dog on a
>>> Stick." They serve a great English-style fried fish. I could have
>>> ordered French fries with that but instead, I had the fish with a most
>>> unexpected thing - fried zucchini. Normally, I would never order
>>> zucchini over potatoes but a large spear of battered and fried
>>> zucchini is a most wonderful thing.
>>>
>>> This is served with a generous portion of tartar sauce and ranch
>>> dressing. Unfortunately, there was no malt vinegar anywhere to be
>>> seen. Beats me why not. They probably don't realize they're serving
>>> great fish in the English style or maybe they don't want to go down
>>> that road. The place is unique in that they specialize in real
>>> lemonade made from fresh lemons. This makes a good foil for the fried
>>> food.
>>>
>>> Normally I don't ever go to Hot Dog on a Stick because they make those
>>> poor young women wear uniforms that have to be the most degrading fast
>>> food uniforms ever and, let's face it, chances are slim that one is
>>> not going to feel a little sick after having a platter consisting
>>> entirely of fried food. OTOH, I'm just darned pleased that I went
>>> there.
>>>
>>> http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/hot-d...aw 53bC24QULQ
>>>

>> Jolly good) btw if I were you, I would try the malt vinegar on chips
>> first before using it on the fish. Myself I put loads on the fish,
>> chips and mushy peas as well, but then I grew up with it)
>>

> I'll pick up a bottle the next time I go shopping.
>
> Speaking of condiments, bought some chicken the other day to take back to
> the office because chicken is the only thing the guy that watches the
> office when I'm not there will eat and I feel the need to feed him because
> I just pay him peanuts. Well, more like peanut shells anyway - hee hee.
>
> Anyway, it came with biscuits so I asked the girl it I could have some
> honey for the biscuits. She got a weird blank look on her face and
> proceeded to reach under the counter and grabbed a big handful of packets
> and put it in a bag. I thought that was an awful lot of honey for 4
> biscuits but then she proceeded to reach under there again to grab another
> big handful of packets and put them in the bag. I thought that was a
> rather odd thing to do. She kept on grabbing more stuff under the counter
> 2 more times. I left carrying a bag full of strawberry and grape jelly,
> honey, and ketchup. What - ketchup on a biscuit? She must have thought I
> was Donald Trump!

LOL

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 21:19:09 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

> wrote in message
. ..

>>> I spotted some the other day in our stupidmarket, Bachelors Marrowfat
>>> Dried Peas. Had some last weekend, still have half a pack. You like
>>> me to mail you a packet ?

>>Who me? Nooooooooooooo I could buy them but there is no point when I can
>>get them in cans ready done)) Thanks anyway
>>
>>http://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/b...FWNz2wodERcPwA
>>
>>In every supermarket here)

> No, I meant Gary just down the coast from me Could easily shove
> them in an envelope, these are the dried ones.

Ahhh
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-07-10 4:19 PM, dsi1 wrote:
[i]
>> ...mmature peas (and in snow peas the tender pod as well) are used
>> as a vegetable, fresh, frozen or canned.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> They must have put a committee together to come up with a name so
> unappealing. I was eating wasabi peas yesterday and pondering how they
> got the peas so big.

I don't know about the wasabi peas you get but the wasabi peas I have
seen around here are the duller, larger kind more typical of fresh peas
than the small bright green peas that come frozen.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/10/2015 12:30 PM, Dave Smith wrote:[i]
> On 2015-07-10 4:19 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>
>>> ...mmature peas (and in snow peas the tender pod as well) are used
>>> as a vegetable, fresh, frozen or canned.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> They must have put a committee together to come up with a name so
>> unappealing. I was eating wasabi peas yesterday and pondering how they
>> got the peas so big.

> I don't know about the wasabi peas you get but the wasabi peas I have
> seen around here are the duller, larger kind more typical of fresh peas
> than the small bright green peas that come frozen.

The ones I get I believe are from Thailand which is know neither for
wasabi or peas. OTOH, the "wasabi" that these peas are coated with is
mustard. Hee hee.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/10/2015 1:31 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> Jeb Bush invested

Bodine FRAUD!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/10/2015 1:30 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> Jeb Bush Wants

Bodine FRAUD!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/10/2015 1:23 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> As Pap noted,

Bodine FRAUD!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2015 9:21 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/10/2015 1:23 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
>> As Pap noted,

Barbara Llorente FRAUD!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2015 9:21 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/10/2015 1:30 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
>> Jeb Bush Wants

> Bodine FRAUD!

Barbara Llorente FRAUD!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 10:19:35 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

> They must have put a committee together to come up with a name so
> unappealing. I was eating wasabi peas yesterday and pondering how they
> got the peas so big.

I tried wasabi peas once. Didn't like them, but I don't like corn
nuts either.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/10/2015 1:00 PM, wrote:
> I spotted some the other day in our stupidmarket,

Are YOU "stupid"?

If not, wtf were you doing in one?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/10/2015 5:48 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/11/2015 9:21 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
>> On 7/10/2015 1:23 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
>>> As Pap noted,

> Barbara Llorente FRAUD!

http://www.nationalbbqrankings.com/ranking/team/4202

Chicken Contests
Contests since 14/Jun/2008
Current rank: 2747th (Updated: 25/Feb/2013)

Ribs Contests
Contests since 23/Apr/2010
Current rank: 818th (Updated: 25/Feb/2013)

Pork Contests
Contests since 24/Apr/2009
Current rank: 2016th (Updated: 25/Feb/2013)

LOL!!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/10/2015 5:49 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/11/2015 9:21 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
>> On 7/10/2015 1:30 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
>>> Jeb Bush Wants

>> Bodine FRAUD!
>>

> Barbara Llorente FRAUD!

http://www.nationalbbqrankings.com/ranking/team/4202

Chicken Contests
Contests since 14/Jun/2008
Current rank: 2747th (Updated: 25/Feb/2013)

Ribs Contests
Contests since 23/Apr/2010
Current rank: 818th (Updated: 25/Feb/2013)

Pork Contests
Contests since 24/Apr/2009
Current rank: 2016th (Updated: 25/Feb/2013)

LOL!!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/10/2015 1:57 PM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 10:19:35 -1000, dsi1
> > wrote:
>
>> They must have put a committee together to come up with a name so
>> unappealing. I was eating wasabi peas yesterday and pondering how they
>> got the peas so big.

> I tried wasabi peas once. Didn't like them, but I don't like cornI'm
> nuts either.

I'm not a big fan either, for one thing I don't like peas. OTOH, I like
Snapea Crisps, them is tasty!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 14:12:22 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

> On 7/10/2015 1:57 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 10:19:35 -1000, dsi1
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> They must have put a committee together to come up with a name so
> >> unappealing. I was eating wasabi peas yesterday and pondering how they
> >> got the peas so big.

> > I tried wasabi peas once. Didn't like them, but I don't like cornI'm
> > nuts either.
> >

> I'm not a big fan either, for one thing I don't like peas. OTOH, I like
> Snapea Crisps, them is tasty!

I think I tried them - there are other things I like better, but I
didn't hate them.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
...[i]
> On 7/10/2015 7:01 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> No so long as they are canned marrowfat peas At any rate, not new
>>> peas.

>> And here's some translation (for those of us who have no idea what
>> marrowfat
>> peas are), courtesy of Wikipedia.
>>
>> Marrowfat peas are green mature peas that have been allowed to dry out
>> naturally in the field, rather than be harvested whilst still young like
>> the normal garden pea. They are used to make mushy peas and also the
>> snack food wasabi peas.
>>
>> Marrowfat is a traditional, starchy, large-seeded variety of pea
>> (Pisum sativum var. medullare.) The word was coined around 1730 from
>> marrow + fat.
>>
>> ...mmature peas (and in snow peas the tender pod as well) are used as
>> a vegetable, fresh, frozen or canned.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> They must have put a committee together to come up with a name so
> unappealing. I was eating wasabi peas yesterday and pondering how they got
> the peas so big.

Big peas are my favorite!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 10:19:35 -1000, dsi1
> > wrote:
>
>> They must have put a committee together to come up with a name so
>> unappealing. I was eating wasabi peas yesterday and pondering how they
>> got the peas so big.

> I tried wasabi peas once. Didn't like them, but I don't like corn
> nuts either.

I love the plain Corn Nuts and plain Soy Nuts and plain dried peas. Doubt
that I would like Wasabi anything.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 7/10/2015 1:57 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 10:19:35 -1000, dsi1
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> They must have put a committee together to come up with a name so
>>> unappealing. I was eating wasabi peas yesterday and pondering how they
>>> got the peas so big.

>> I tried wasabi peas once. Didn't like them, but I don't like cornI'm
>> nuts either.
>>

> I'm not a big fan either, for one thing I don't like peas. OTOH, I like
> Snapea Crisps, them is tasty!

Urk. Most people seem to like them but they are really a puffed rice snack.
There is just something about that texture that I do not like.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2015 10:58 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>> On 7/10/2015 1:57 PM, sf wrote:
>>> On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 10:19:35 -1000, dsi1

>>> I tried wasabi peas once. Didn't like them, but I don't like cornI'm
>>> nuts either.
>>>

>> I'm a big fan, for one thing I like peas. OTOH, I
>> hate Snapea Crisps, them is pukeworthy!

> Urk. Most people seem to dislike them but they are really a puffed corn
> snack. There is just something about that texture that I love.

No one cares.

Get OUT!
_,..._
/__ \