Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Foods that use a lot of ketchup

On 7/10/2015 7:09 PM, Troll Disposal Service wrote:
> No one

KQ LUZER-Q!!!

http://www.nationalbbqrankings.com/ranking/team/4202

Chicken Contests
Contests since 14/Jun/2008
Current rank: 2747th (Updated: 25/Feb/2013)

Ribs Contests
Contests since 23/Apr/2010
Current rank: 818th (Updated: 25/Feb/2013)

Pork Contests
Contests since 24/Apr/2009
Current rank: 2016th (Updated: 25/Feb/2013)

LOL!!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2015 10:07 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/10/2015 5:48 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:

>> Barbara Llorente FRAUD!

http://www.nationalbbqrankings.com/ranking/team/4633

Barbara Llorente FRAUD!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2015 9:57 AM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 10:19:35 -1000, dsi1
> > wrote:
>
>> They must have put a committee together to come up with a name so
>> unappealing. I was eating wasabi peas yesterday and pondering how they
>> got the peas so big.

> I tried wasabi peas once. Didn't like them, not fattening enough.

Standard Definition

[wod-l]

[n] walking with a waddling gait; walking with short steps and the
weight shifting from one foot to the other
[v] walk unsteadily, as of a really fat, ugly ****

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/waddle
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/10/2015 11:40 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/11/2015 10:07 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
>>>

>>> Barbara Llorente FRAUD!

http://www.nationalbbqrankings.com/ranking/team/4633

> Barbara Llorente FRAUD!

BODINE FRAUD!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/10/2015 11:49 PM, Troll Disposal Service wrote:
> Standard Definition

BODINE FRAUD!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Jul 2015 08:49:32 -0600, Troll Disposal Service
> wrote:

> On 7/10/2015 11:49 PM, Troll Disposal Service wrote:
> > Standard Definition

> BODINE FRAUD!

He's starting to act and sound like Sheldon. It must be a similar
mental illness associated with aging.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2015 9:04 PM, Troll Disposal Service wrote:
> one cares.

BODINE FRAUD!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 7/7/2015 12:13 AM, dsi1 wrote:
>

>> My understanding is that people on the mainland don't typically hug
>> people that are non-family members. I did not know this. Things sure
>> are different on the mainland! I typically will hug my clients
>> although my understanding is that's considered unprofessional behavior
>> over there. That's a pity!
>>

> In New England you'd probably send a few clients into respiratory
> distress with that. It'd be fun to watch.

We'd probably think the person had a psychiatric disorder! Heck, we
might think that if a stranger even talks to us. Hmmm. I actually
initiated conversation with a stranger this very day.... Now that we
are speaking of such things, my doing so is rather odd.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
[snip] ... I have seen people hug
> when they have done something nice for someone else. People don't have
> to be involved in a sexual relationship to give someone a quick hug.
>
> Jill

This reserved northerner actually hugged someone yesterday. She is a
nice book dealer, whom I have intersected with a few times over the
years. She has pancreatic cancer. My mom died of it, as did a man I
knew, so I know what this means.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 12, 2015 at 8:54:48 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:

> Everyone loves pea soup.

No. I like lots of things, but pea soup isn't one of them.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Sunday, July 12, 2015 at 8:54:48 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>
> > Everyone loves pea soup.

> No. I like lots of things, but pea soup isn't one of them.

You weirdo@ (JK)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-07-12 10:01 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, July 12, 2015 at 8:54:48 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>
>> Everyone loves pea soup.

> No. I like lots of things, but pea soup isn't one of them.

My sister in law hate pea soup with a passion. When she was a kid the
family had a nanny that used to feed them peas soup sandwiches for
lunch. She would open up a can of Habitant pea soup and slather in a
slice of bread put another on top and ... voila... pea soup sandwich.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Sunday, July 12, 2015 at 8:54:48 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>
> > Everyone loves pea soup.

> No. I like lots of things, but pea soup isn't one of them.
>

> Cindy Hamilton

It's not top listed by me either but my husband likes it so I make it
now and again.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 12, 2015 at 10:06:19 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > On Sunday, July 12, 2015 at 8:54:48 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> >
> > > Everyone loves pea soup.

> > No. I like lots of things, but pea soup isn't one of them.

> You weirdo@ (JK)

I know this will be a source of amazement to you, but you're not
the first person to tell me that.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Jul 2015 07:01:12 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

> On Sunday, July 12, 2015 at 8:54:48 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>
> > Everyone loves pea soup.

> No. I like lots of things, but pea soup isn't one of them.

You don't like split pea soup?

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/12/2015 11:57 AM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Jul 2015 07:01:12 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, July 12, 2015 at 8:54:48 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>>
>>> Everyone loves pea soup.

>> No. I like lots of things, but pea soup isn't one of them.
>>

> You don't like split pea soup?

It's painful enough to have a split urethra without contemplating soup!

%-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/13/2015 4:05 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/12/2015 11:57 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Sun, 12 Jul 2015 07:01:12 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>>> No. I like lots of things, but pea soup isn't one of them.
>>>

>> You don't like split pea soup?
>>

> It's painful enough to have a split urethra without contemplating soup!

No one cares about you.

Get OUT!

_,..._
/__ \
>< `. \

/_ \ |
\-_ /:|
,--'..'. :
,' `.
_,' \
_.._,--'' , |
, ,',, _| _,.'| | |
\\||/,'(,' '--'' | | |
_ ||| | /-' |
| | (- -)<`._ | / /
| | \_\O/_/`-.(<< |____/ /
| | / \ / -'| `--.'|
| | \___/ / /
| | H H / | |
|_|_..-H-H--.._ / ,| |
|-.._"_"__..-| | _-/ | |
| | | | \_ |
Barbara Llorente | | | | |
| The | |____| | |
|Troll Enabler | _..' | |____|
jrei | |_(____..._' _.' |
`-..______..-'"" (___..--'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2015-07-12 10:01 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Sunday, July 12, 2015 at 8:54:48 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>>
>>> Everyone loves pea soup.

>> No. I like lots of things, but pea soup isn't one of them.
>>

> My sister in law hate pea soup with a passion. When she was a kid the
> family had a nanny that used to feed them peas soup sandwiches for lunch.
> She would open up a can of Habitant pea soup and slather in a slice of
> bread put another on top and ... voila... pea soup sandwich.

That was the soup! Really good stuff!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 3, 2015 at 8:49:19 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> Long story short, I have two open bottles of ketchup. I won't even get into
> that saga but there you have it. And I need the refrigerator space. And
> yes, open ketchup does need to be refrigerated these days. At least this
> kind does.
>
> I also don't want to use the oven because there is no end in sight for this
> heat wave. But I did find an oven recipe that sounded interesting.
>
> http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/ar...on-appetit-way
>
> I don't think any of us have ever eaten brisket but I see that Amazon Fresh
> has it in grass fed so that would be an option for a cooler day. However, I
> am not sure about the sauce. I have never actually made BBQ sauce because
> none of us like it and I have a feeling that the sauce might in fact be BBQ
> sauce.
>
> An obvious choice would be meatloaf but I have some in the freezer still and
> it also uses the oven.
>
> Then there are Sloppy Joes. None of us really like those much but I do find
> that making them from scratch is a bit better than Manwich and that ilk.
>
> I did mention the BBQ sauce. Don't want to go there or cocktail sauce.
>
> I thought that I made some sort of chicken some years ago that called for a
> lot of ketchup but I have no idea what it was called.
>
> And I have made those Crockpot meatballs with the ketchup and grape jelly..
> My friend swore that they were always wolfed down at his company parties but
> they were not wolfed down here.
>
> I know I have made something with those little wienies in the Crockpot and
> sometimes my husband will eat those. I can't remember what they had in them
> though. I want to say mostly ketchup with a little mustard.
>
> What am I missing here? There has got to be something obvious that I'm not
> thinking of.
>
> I know that ketchup can be used for cleaning various things but I'm really
> not interested in that. Aside from doing it once and being slightly amazed,
> I realize that there are other products that work way better than ketchup
> does.
>
> I also know that the ketchup bottle doesn't take up a lot of fridge space
> but I just hate having two of the same thing open and I'd like to use one
> up. Both are almost all the way full too! Grrr....
>
> Thanks!

I made some fried rice this morning. I mix together some gochujang, shoyu, and sesame oil together to season the rice. Today I also added some ketchup for some sweetness. I like to add a little sugar to the fried rice so this is an easy way to sweeten without sugar. The fried rice included pastele sausage and lots of chopped kim chee. Kim chee fried rice is a sure crowd-pleaser!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> [...]
> not interested in that. Aside from doing it once and being slightly
> amazed,
> I realize that there are other products that work way better than ketchup
> does.
>
> I also know that the ketchup bottle doesn't take up a lot of fridge space
> but I just hate having two of the same thing open and I'd like to use one
> up. Both are almost all the way full too! Grrr....
>
> Thanks!

I made some fried rice this morning. I mix together some gochujang, shoyu,
and sesame oil together to season the rice. Today I also added some ketchup
for some sweetness. I like to add a little sugar to the fried rice so this
is an easy way to sweeten without sugar. The fried rice included pastele
sausage and lots of chopped kim chee. Kim chee fried rice is a sure

Interesting. I realize that fried rice is something that most people like,
but I never cared for it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 12, 2015 at 9:21:09 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> [...]
> > I realize that there are other products that work way better than ketchup
> > does.
> >
> > I also know that the ketchup bottle doesn't take up a lot of fridge space
> > but I just hate having two of the same thing open and I'd like to use one
> > up. Both are almost all the way full too! Grrr....
> >
> > Thanks!

> I made some fried rice this morning. I mix together some gochujang, shoyu,
> and sesame oil together to season the rice. Today I also added some ketchup
> for some sweetness. I like to add a little sugar to the fried rice so this
> is an easy way to sweeten without sugar. The fried rice included pastele
> sausage and lots of chopped kim chee. Kim chee fried rice is a sure
> crowd-pleaser!
>
> --
>
> Interesting. I realize that fried rice is something that most people like,

I think it's grand but I can't say if people on the mainland are that much into it. I'm guessing that they probably wouldn't be eating it for breakfast. I did, however, place two fried eggs on the top.

http://rosellyn.com/recipes/kim-chee-fried-rice/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 12, 2015 at 9:35:01 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2015-07-12 10:01 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Sunday, July 12, 2015 at 8:54:48 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> >
> >> Everyone loves pea soup.

> > No. I like lots of things, but pea soup isn't one of them.
> >

> My sister in law hate pea soup with a passion. When she was a kid the
> family had a nanny that used to feed them peas soup sandwiches for
> lunch. She would open up a can of Habitant pea soup and slather in a
> slice of bread put another on top and ... voila... pea soup sandwich.

she should have slipped disgusting things into the nanny's food. I'll
leave you to ponder what disgusting things would have been appropriate.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/12/2015 10:01 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, July 12, 2015 at 8:54:48 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>
>> Everyone loves pea soup.

> No. I like lots of things, but pea soup isn't one of them.

I loathe split pea soup. I even forbade a stranger next to
me to order it when it was the soup of the day. It is up
there with refried beans, to me. Blech.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-07-13 8:59 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> Everyone loves pea soup.

>> No. I like lots of things, but pea soup isn't one of them.

> I loathe split pea soup. I even forbade a stranger next to
> me to order it when it was the soup of the day. It is up
> there with refried beans, to me. Blech.

It has always been one of my favourite soups, but there is a huge range
of the stuff. I was raised with Habitant pea soup, which I think is the
best commercially made split pea soup. Maybe it is because that was what
I was raised on. I make my own these days and it is infinitely better
than store bought. I always make some extra for my brother because he
loves it. His wife hates it with a passion.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 09:12:28 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> >> No. I like lots of things, but pea soup isn't one of them.

> > I loathe split pea soup. I even forbade a stranger next to
> > me to order it when it was the soup of the day. It is up
> > there with refried beans, to me. Blech.
> >

> It has always been one of my favourite soups, but there is a huge range
> of the stuff. I was raised with Habitant pea soup, which I think is the
> best commercially made split pea soup. Maybe it is because that was what
> I was raised on. I make my own these days and it is infinitely better
> than store bought. I always make some extra for my brother because he
> loves it. His wife hates it with a passion.

I'm not a soup lover by any means, but I like bean soup and I've never
had an objection to split pea. I don't know how people can say they
hate a general category when they're actually talking about a premade
product in a can. I will say I hate chickpeas/garbanzos/cici beans
unconditionally when they are whole and I can say that because I've
eaten them both canned and reconstituted dry.

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Jul 2015 22:39:10 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

> The fried rice included pastele sausage

This is the first time I've heard of pastele sausage. Is it a brand
name or a type of sausage? Pastele seems to be a Puerto Rican stew
that is made with or without sausage. The post that indicated it
might be Portuguese ended up being a taste test of various brands of
linguiça (which is one of my favorite sausages).

I also found recipes for pastele sausage. One of them indicated that
"banana" is actually plantain. Is that true?
http://www.ilovehawaiianfoodrecipes....ipes/pasteles/

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 02:21:11 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

> I think it's grand but I can't say if people on the mainland are that much into it. I'm guessing that they probably wouldn't be eating it for breakfast. I did, however, place two fried eggs on the top.

Fried rice is fine and people on the mainland eat it. I used to make
it more often than I do now and breakfast sounds like as good a meal
as any to eat it. The part of your breakfast that didn't appeal to me
was the kimchi, but I didn't feel compelled to post a reply just to
say tell you the part I don't like about what was an enjoyable meal
for you.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-07-13, Dave Smith > wrote:

> It has always been one of my favourite soups, but there is a huge range
> of the stuff.......

I've recently quit eating split-pea soup. The last batch was the most
painful episode of legume gas I've ever suffered.

A tip for continuing split-pea lovers. Fry up 1/2 lb of crispy bacon
and add at the end. Bacon makes split-pea lovers outta split-pea
haters.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 06:48:11 -0700, sf > wrote:

snip
I will say I hate chickpeas/garbanzos/cici beans
>unconditionally when they are whole and I can say that because I've
>eaten them both canned and reconstituted dry.

That was my feeling too. Until yesterday. I ate some drained and
rinsed, right out of the can. They are really very decent. I don't
get hummus. I think it would be really good without the tahini. The
tahini tastes metallic to me and ruins the humus.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 13, 2015 at 5:16:46 AM UTC-10, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Jul 2015 22:39:10 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <>
> wrote:
>
> > The fried rice included pastele sausage

> This is the first time I've heard of pastele sausage. Is it a brand
> name or a type of sausage? Pastele seems to be a Puerto Rican stew
> that is made with or without sausage. The post that indicated it
> might be Portuguese ended up being a taste test of various brands of
> linguiça (which is one of my favorite sausages).
>
> I also found recipes for pastele sausage. One of them indicated that
> "banana" is actually plantain. Is that true?
> http://www.ilovehawaiianfoodrecipes....ipes/pasteles/
>
> --
>
> sf

The pastele is a Puerto Rican tamale except the masa is replaced with grated green plantain and it's wrapped in a banana leaf instead of corn husks. The pastele sausage is made by a local sausage company and sorta copies the taste of a pastele in a sausage. It gets worse - we also have a pastele stew that is sorta supposed to taste like a pastele but I can't say if they make that in Puerto Rico.

http://tastyislandhawaii.com/2007/07...rizo-sausages/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 13, 2015 at 5:23:19 AM UTC-10, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 02:21:11 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <>
> wrote:
>
> > I think it's grand but I can't say if people on the mainland are that much into it. I'm guessing that they probably wouldn't be eating it for breakfast. I did, however, place two fried eggs on the top.

> Fried rice is fine and people on the mainland eat it. I used to make
> it more often than I do now and breakfast sounds like as good a meal
> as any to eat it. The part of your breakfast that didn't appeal to me
> was the kimchi, but I didn't feel compelled to post a reply just to
> say tell you the part I don't like about what was an enjoyable meal
> for you.
>
> --
>
> sf

It would be great for me if I were able to go to a restaurant on the mainland and order a plate of kim chee fried rice with 2 eggs for breakfast. Unfortunately, I don't believe things have reached that point yet,
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/12/2015 11:39 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, July 3, 2015 at 8:49:19 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Long story short, I have two open bottles of ketchup. I won't even get into
>> that saga but there you have it. And I need the refrigerator space. And
>> yes, open ketchup does need to be refrigerated these days. At least this
>> kind does.
>>
>> I also don't want to use the oven because there is no end in sight for this
>> heat wave. But I did find an oven recipe that sounded interesting.
>>
>> http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/ar...on-appetit-way
>>
>> I don't think any of us have ever eaten brisket but I see that Amazon Fresh
>> has it in grass fed so that would be an option for a cooler day. However, I
>> am not sure about the sauce. I have never actually made BBQ sauce because
>> none of us like it and I have a feeling that the sauce might in fact be BBQ
>> sauce.
>>
>> An obvious choice would be meatloaf but I have some in the freezer still and
>> it also uses the oven.
>>
>> Then there are Sloppy Joes. None of us really like those much but I do find
>> that making them from scratch is a bit better than Manwich and that ilk.
>>
>> I did mention the BBQ sauce. Don't want to go there or cocktail sauce.
>>
>> I thought that I made some sort of chicken some years ago that called for a
>> lot of ketchup but I have no idea what it was called.
>>
>> And I have made those Crockpot meatballs with the ketchup and grape jelly.
>> My friend swore that they were always wolfed down at his company parties but
>> they were not wolfed down here.
>>
>> I know I have made something with those little wienies in the Crockpot and
>> sometimes my husband will eat those. I can't remember what they had in them
>> though. I want to say mostly ketchup with a little mustard.
>>
>> What am I missing here? There has got to be something obvious that I'm not
>> thinking of.
>>
>> I know that ketchup can be used for cleaning various things but I'm really
>> not interested in that. Aside from doing it once and being slightly amazed,
>> I realize that there are other products that work way better than ketchup
>> does.
>>
>> I also know that the ketchup bottle doesn't take up a lot of fridge space
>> but I just hate having two of the same thing open and I'd like to use one
>> up. Both are almost all the way full too! Grrr....
>>
>> Thanks!

> I made some fried rice this morning. I mix together some gochujang, shoyu, and sesame oil together to season the rice. Today I also added some ketchup for some sweetness. I like to add a little sugar to the fried rice so this is an easy way to sweeten without sugar. The fried rice included pastele sausage and lots of chopped kim chee. Kim chee fried rice is a sure crowd-pleaser!

Oh snap!

Why was I not invited?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 06:48:11 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 09:12:28 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>>> It has always been one of my favourite soups, but there is a huge range
>>> of the stuff. I was raised with Habitant pea soup, which I think is the
>>> best commercially made split pea soup. Maybe it is because that was what
>>> I was raised on. I make my own these days and it is infinitely better
>>> than store bought. I always make some extra for my brother because he
>>> loves it. His wife hates it with a passion.

>>I'm not a soup lover by any means, but I like bean soup and I've never
>>had an objection to split pea. I don't know how people can say they
>>hate a general category when they're actually talking about a premade
>>product in a can. I will say I hate chickpeas/garbanzos/cici beans
>>unconditionally when they are whole and I can say that because I've
>>eaten them both canned and reconstituted dry.

> I hate canned soup, any canned soup. I make home-made soup even
> though there is only me and then freeze it in single portions.
> Quickest lunch going.

Amen! I am not denigrating anyone here, but I get so disappointed when I
read a US recipe and so often I find condensed soup as an ingredient I am
sure there must be many recipes without, but I mostly seem to find the ones
that do

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 10:47:58 -0600, Janet B >
wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 06:48:11 -0700, sf > wrote:

> snip
> I will say I hate chickpeas/garbanzos/cici beans
> >unconditionally when they are whole and I can say that because I've
> >eaten them both canned and reconstituted dry.

> That was my feeling too. Until yesterday. I ate some drained and
> rinsed, right out of the can. They are really very decent.

Maybe they're processing them differently now, I'll give them another
try sometime. Hubby loves them, so he would be happy if I started
putting them in salads etc.

> I don't
> get hummus. I think it would be really good without the tahini. The
> tahini tastes metallic to me and ruins the humus.

I like tahini. I don't get a metallic flavor from it but I've never
tried what is sold in jars. I like grocery store hummus, so I'd
probably like the jarred stuff too. Do you like sesame seeds?

--

sf