Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tara

Default OT Halloween twin pictures

http://eshare.hpphoto.com/en/home/we...606EA}&IDKey=0

OB Food: I'm trying to get away from baby food. Max and Whit are
eating lots of oatmeal, applesauce, cheese, scrambled eggs, Cheerios,
orzo with cheese and/or marinara sauce. I'm going to give them
refried beans tonight.

Tara

Last edited by kevin : 30-10-2005 at 03:31 PM
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Debbie

Tara wrote:
>> http://eshare.hpphoto.com/en/home/welcome.asp?JobID={CC2B5BBB-8EF6-4B36-83BC-A1297CC606EA}&IDKey=0

They are just too cute! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Debbie

"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and
stupidity." Harlan Ellison

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 20:17:18 GMT, Tara wrote:

> http://eshare.hpphoto.com/en/home/welcome.asp?JobID={CC2B5BBB-8EF6-4B36-83BC-A1297CC606EA}&IDKey=0
>
> OB Food: I'm trying to get away from baby food. Max and Whit are
> eating lots of oatmeal, applesauce, cheese, scrambled eggs, Cheerios,
> orzo with cheese and/or marinara sauce. I'm going to give them
> refried beans tonight.

"The URL (address) is invalid."
Can you repost using another method?

http://tinypic.com/
http://tinyurl.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel

In article >,
Tara > wrote:

> http://eshare.hpphoto.com/en/home/welcome.asp?JobID={CC2B5BBB-8EF6-4B36-83BC-A
> 1297CC606EA}&IDKey=0

Beautiful babies! But that picture #9 was amazing. That's the biggest
house I've ever seen, not to mention the pantry.

:-)

> OB Food: I'm trying to get away from baby food. Max and Whit are
> eating lots of oatmeal, applesauce, cheese, scrambled eggs, Cheerios,
> orzo with cheese and/or marinara sauce. I'm going to give them
> refried beans tonight.

When our kids were little, somebody gave us a baby food grinder. It was
the size and shape of a pepper grinder, even with the crank on top. You
put in whatever the rest of the family is having, give the handle a few
turns and you have coarsely ground food. It came apart easily for
cleaning. I recommend them highly.

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA
Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 22:19:06 GMT, Dan Abel wrote:

> When our kids were little, somebody gave us a baby food grinder. It was
> the size and shape of a pepper grinder, even with the crank on top. You
> put in whatever the rest of the family is having, give the handle a few
> turns and you have coarsely ground food. It came apart easily for
> cleaning. I recommend them highly.

I had one of those too! It made going out for dinner very easy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tara

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 15:16:07 -0700, sf >
wrote:

>"The URL (address) is invalid."
>Can you repost using another method?

Try this:

http://tinyurl.com/b4yv2

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chuck

wrote:

>On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 20:17:18 GMT, Tara wrote:
>
>> http://eshare.hpphoto.com/en/home/welcome.asp?JobID={CC2B5BBB-8EF6-4B36-83BC-A1297CC606EA}&IDKey=0
>>
>> OB Food: I'm trying to get away from baby food. Max and Whit are
>> eating lots of oatmeal, applesauce, cheese, scrambled eggs, Cheerios,
>> orzo with cheese and/or marinara sauce. I'm going to give them
>> refried beans tonight.

>"The URL (address) is invalid."
>Can you repost using another method?
>
>http://tinypic.com/
>http://tinyurl.com/

Refried beans for the twins... YOU ARE BRAVE!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tara

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 22:19:06 GMT, Dan Abel > wrote:

>Beautiful babies! But that picture #9 was amazing. That's the biggest
>house I've ever seen, not to mention the pantry.

Yes, it's so fun to live inside a grocery store. (Smile) We were at
our local Kroger store's fall festival and costume contest. We won!

>When our kids were little, somebody gave us a baby food grinder. It was
>the size and shape of a pepper grinder, even with the crank on top. You
>put in whatever the rest of the family is having, give the handle a few
>turns and you have coarsely ground food. It came apart easily for
>cleaning. I recommend them highly.

I need to start just grinding or mashing up whatever we are eating.
We don't always eat the most pure, organic food, so I get a bit
worried. One of my cousins was a labor and delivery nurse for many
years, so she got to know a good number of pediatricians. She asked
one what to feed her baby boys and she was told just to puree whatever
she cooked for dinner. She had the same concerns as me -- I'm not
cooking organic broccoli, I'm cooking casseroles, beans and rice,
etc. -- the ped told her to throw it all in the blender, your babies
will love it. She did just that, and she has two strong, healthy,
smart, gorgeous teen boys. The oldest is in college on a golf
scholarship.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 22:44:28 GMT, Tara wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 15:16:07 -0700, sf >
> wrote:
>
> >"The URL (address) is invalid."
> >Can you repost using another method?
> >

> Try this:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/b4yv2

Thanks, Tara...

LOL, blue hair? Are they going to be Smurfs for Halloween?
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 22:19:06 GMT, Dan Abel wrote:
>
> > When our kids were little, somebody gave us a baby food grinder. It was
> > the size and shape of a pepper grinder, even with the crank on top. You
> > put in whatever the rest of the family is having, give the handle a few
> > turns and you have coarsely ground food. It came apart easily for
> > cleaning. I recommend them highly.

> I had one of those too! It made going out for dinner very easy.

When the kids were little, we ate at a place they gave out free baby
food. We usually took advantage of that.

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 23:23:01 GMT, Dan Abel wrote:

> In article >,
> sf > wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 22:19:06 GMT, Dan Abel wrote:
> >
> > > When our kids were little, somebody gave us a baby food grinder. It was
> > > the size and shape of a pepper grinder, even with the crank on top. You
> > > put in whatever the rest of the family is having, give the handle a few
> > > turns and you have coarsely ground food. It came apart easily for
> > > cleaning. I recommend them highly.

> > I had one of those too! It made going out for dinner very easy.

> When the kids were little, we ate at a place they gave out free baby
> food. We usually took advantage of that.

Baby food in a jar? I used the grinder to get away from that stuff.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel

In article >,
Tara > wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 22:19:06 GMT, Dan Abel > wrote:

> I need to start just grinding or mashing up whatever we are eating.
> We don't always eat the most pure, organic food, so I get a bit
> worried.

I'm confused. When you were posting about "baby food", were you
referring to that stuff in the little jars? That's what I was assuming,
and I can't imagine that those are "pure, organic food". Unfortunately,
I've tried that stuff myself, and it is too high in sugar and salt. If
it's good enough for you, why not your kids? If it isn't good enough
for your kids, why are you eating it?

Obviously, kids don't eat the same foods. Some stuff you might eat
won't be suitable for the babes.

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tara

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 16:16:11 -0700, sf >
wrote:

> [...]

They were Thing 1 and Thing 2 from _The Cat in the Hat_.

Tara

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 16:16:11 -0700, sf wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 22:44:28 GMT, Tara wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 15:16:07 -0700, sf >
> > wrote:
> >
> > >"The URL (address) is invalid."
> > >Can you repost using another method?
> > >

> > Try this:
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/b4yv2
> >

> Thanks, Tara...
>
> LOL, blue hair? Are they going to be Smurfs for Halloween?

Sorry 'bout that. I just noticed "Thing 1 and Thing 2" on their
chests.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tara

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 23:30:32 GMT, Dan Abel > wrote:

>I'm confused. When you were posting about "baby food", were you
>referring to that stuff in the little jars? That's what I was assuming,
>and I can't imagine that those are "pure, organic food". Unfortunately,
>I've tried that stuff myself, and it is too high in sugar and salt.

Yes, I mean the little jars of food. The jars today don't have much
sugar or salt, but they are so pricey for the amount of food that you
get. Max and Whit have recently started turning up their noses at the
jarred stuff.

> If it's good enough for you, why not your kids? If it isn't good enough
>for your kids, why are you eating it?

Good point! I want us to share the same food. We'll probably all
be healthier for it. They do love orzo, cheese, oatmeal, marinara
sauce, yogurt, eggs, applesauce, bananas, Cheerios, toast, bagles.

>Obviously, kids don't eat the same foods. Some stuff you might eat
>won't be suitable for the babes.

I tried minced chicken last week and they didn't like it. I'll try it
again soon. We're at the point where I'm trying new things and
seeing what sticks. If they don't like it, I try again in a week or
two. We're having fun.

Tara

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Back to Chris

"Dan Abel" > wrote in message

> I'm confused. When you were posting about "baby food", were you
> referring to that stuff in the little jars? That's what I was assuming,
> and I can't imagine that those are "pure, organic food". Unfortunately,
> I've tried that stuff myself, and it is too high in sugar and salt.

Nah, not any more. I don't know if it used to be that way (probably that's
how it was when I was a baby....back when pregnant women smoked, etc.). I
remember hearing about "fillers", which I assumed to be added starch.

You *can* buy some baby food for older babies that has sugar added, but it's
usually labelled as "dessert". The plain old fruits, veggies and stews in
stage 1, 2 and 3 that I've bought for my kiddos doesn't have sugar or salt
(believe me, it could use a little salt!).

Chris

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Back to Chris

"Tara" > wrote in message
> http://eshare.hpphoto.com/en/home/welcome.asp?JobID={CC2B5BBB-8EF6-4B36-83BC-A1297CC606EA}&IDKey=0
>
> OB Food: I'm trying to get away from baby food. Max and Whit are
> eating lots of oatmeal, applesauce, cheese, scrambled eggs, Cheerios,
> orzo with cheese and/or marinara sauce. I'm going to give them
> refried beans tonight.

Tara, I love picture 4! So cute...do they sleep together like that every
night? And why so many pictures in the supermarket? My son, David, who's
2, loves the pet supply aisle. If we're on a long shopping trip and he gets
antsy, I let him wander up and down the pet aisle, looking at dog and cat
pictures on all the boxes, bags and cans.

Good luck w/ the refried beans.....! Can't wait to hear the results of that
experiment. :-)

Ob Food: Dinner tonight was baked halibut with a lemon-olive oil drizzle,
brussels sprouts, and a soft, onion-filled bread that we bought at a bakery
today, along with a dried tomato-basil-olive tapenade. Bottle of wine. Not
bad. Dessert was vanilla ice cream with mini peanut butter cups and fudge
swirls.

Chris

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 02:26:02 GMT, Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

> sf > looking for trouble wrote in
> news >
> > On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 22:44:28 GMT, Tara wrote:

> >> Try this:
> >>
> >> http://tinyurl.com/b4yv2
> >>

> > Thanks, Tara...
> >
> > LOL, blue hair? Are they going to be Smurfs for Halloween?
> >

> Dammit, the hair is purple <G>

really? it's bright blue on my monitor

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 29 Oct 2005 10:12:51p, sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 02:26:02 GMT, Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
>
>> sf > looking for trouble wrote in
>> news >>

>> > Thanks, Tara...
>> >
>> > LOL, blue hair? Are they going to be Smurfs for Halloween?
>> >

>> Dammit, the hair is purple <G>
>>

> really? it's bright blue on my monitor

It's blue on mine, too.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
_____________________________

http://tinypic.com/eikz78.jpg

Meet Mr. Bailey
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Elisa

"Tara" > wrote in message
> http://eshare.hpphoto.com/en/home/welcome.asp?JobID={CC2B5BBB-8EF6-4B36-83BC-A1297CC606EA}&IDKey=0
>
> OB Food: I'm trying to get away from baby food. Max and Whit are
> eating lots of oatmeal, applesauce, cheese, scrambled eggs, Cheerios,
> orzo with cheese and/or marinara sauce. I'm going to give them
> refried beans tonight.
>
> Tara

Tara,

I just loved the pictures of your twins, they are absolutely beautiful! I
just wanna kiss those cheeks! Thanks for posting!

Elisa

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tara

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 03:56:49 GMT, "Back to Chris"
> wrote:

>Tara, I love picture 4! So cute...do they sleep together like that every
>night?

Thank you! They sleep together every night. They don't always end up
right on top of each other, but there is always a hand or food thrown
across somebody. They are like little puppies, piled on top of one
another.

>And why so many pictures in the supermarket? My son, David, who's
>2, loves the pet supply aisle. If we're on a long shopping trip and he gets
>antsy, I let him wander up and down the pet aisle, looking at dog and cat
>pictures on all the boxes, bags and cans.

We were at a fall festival and costume contest (we won!) at the Kroger
grocery store. We took a break back in the pet care section. They
were very interested in all the animal pictures, just like your boy.

>Good luck w/ the refried beans.....! Can't wait to hear the results of that
>experiment. :-)

They ate a few bites each. They seemed to like the flavor but they
were turned off by the texture -- kind of pasty. Their diapers were
no nastier than usual.

Tara

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 13:45:48 GMT, Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

> would never have made a good parent to wee
> ones. I'd spoil them rotten.

LOL Somehow, I can't doubt that statement.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
maxine in ri

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 13:45:48 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
> connected the dots and wrote:

~Mr Libido Incognito > looking for trouble wrote in
:
~
~> Wayne Boatwright wrote on 29 Oct 2005 in rec.food.cooking
~>
~>> It's blue on mine, too.
~>>
~>>
~>
~> mine as well
~>
~>
~
~Well, the hair is purple on my screen and I'm not color blind It's
~still cute, regardless of the color. Sometimes I wish I had little
~toddlers. Only sometimes I would never have made a good parent to
wee
~ones. I'd spoil them rotten.
~
~Michael

Nah. You'd feel the great weight of responsibility to keep them from
being whiny, annoying, horrid monstors, and raise them up in the way
they should go.

And feed them an incredible amount of gourmet food that you cooked and
pureed with your own two hands<G>

maxine in ri