Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bare foot Contessa Recipes

She likes to roast her vegetables.i tried the brussel sprouts and they
were tasty.Shes my favorite chef on the food Network.What Are your
Favorite?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 17:55:15 -0500, Dee Randall wrote:

> On her last "Bash" program, Giada did chew and swallow. At least 3 times.
> DH confirms this.

DH was looking at her "neckline". She's gotten very sly these days.
I watched a show recently where the uninformed would have concluded
that she managed to choke it down... but I could tell she was waiting
for the camera to cut away so she could spit it out. LOLOL
People who have raised children "know" what to look for.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Randall wrote:

> On her last "Bash" program, Giada did chew and swallow. At least 3 times.
> DH confirms this.

Giada swallows? What a woman.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"RoR" > wrote

> On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 18:41:39 -0500, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>>Dee Randall wrote:

>>> On her last "Bash" program, Giada did chew and swallow. At least 3
>>> times.
>>> DH confirms this.

>>Giada swallows? What a woman.
>>

> LOL.

> (I was thinking something similar)

Warning, notice she chews first.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 17:55:15 -0500, Dee Randall wrote:
>
>> On her last "Bash" program, Giada did chew and swallow. At least 3
>> times.
>> DH confirms this.

> DH was looking at her "neckline". She's gotten very sly these days.
> I watched a show recently where the uninformed would have concluded
> that she managed to choke it down... but I could tell she was waiting
> for the camera to cut away so she could spit it out. LOLOL
> People who have raised children "know" what to look for.

Do you mean looking at her "neckline" where she swallows, or a little lower
down? heh heh!

I'm always looking to see if she swallows before the camera cuts away, but
by golly, I think she did this time -- perhaps it was because it was
chocolate -- and maybe she didn't spit it out -- just got rid of it some
other way? I've heard of this kind of good-riddance to food. I hope she
isn't doing this because she's such a friendly hi-energy gal.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 23:05:17 -0500, Dee Randall wrote:

> Do you mean looking at her "neckline" where she swallows, or a little lower
> down? heh heh!

Think about where male eyes wander - especially when the neckline
plunges as it does on her most of her ensembles. Just do a google
image search for Giada De Laurentiis to see what I mean.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 23:05:17 -0500, Dee Randall wrote:
>

>> Do you mean looking at her "neckline" where she swallows, or a little lower
>> down? heh heh!

> Think about where male eyes wander - especially when the neckline
> plunges as it does on her most of her ensembles. Just do a google
> image search for Giada De Laurentiis to see what I mean.

I googled her to find out why there were comments about her not eating.
I couldn't tell which were the most recent pics, but she is definitely
skinny.

Then I accidentally also found out what Alton Brown looks like. He looks
like an incredibly pleasant person to be around.(I had only heard of him
in this ng). It's amazing how likable some people can be to one, even
when you know nothing about them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Giada makes some good dishes to be American LOL
Having a chef as girlfriend, when i'm the USA, TV is always tuned on Food
Network.
At times, Giada makes some true good italian cooking.
Mostly is Italo-american tho.
Talking about italian, Mario has some good dishes as well.
But I cheat sometimes, and switch over Antony Bourdain on travel channel.
That guy is amazing LOL
Guido

http://www.yummyfood.net
Quick and easy international recipes

"sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On 18 Feb 2006 12:31:43 -0800, wrote:
>
>> She likes to roast her vegetables. i tried the brussel sprouts and they
>> were tasty. Shes my favorite chef on the food Network. What Are your
>> Favorite?

> I like most of what she makes and I *always* like Michael Chiarello.
> I also like most of what Giada De Laurentiis makes, but I still can't
> watch her pretend to eat.
> --
>
> Practice safe eating. Always use condiments.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Glitter Ninja" > wrote

> De Laurentiis recently made some great homemade pasta dishes but you're
> right, she weighs 8 ounces and I'm sure doesn't eat any of what she
> makes. She's so tiny her head is too big for her body!

Lollipop! Truth is, as tiny as she is, she doesn't look
to me as if she has an eating disorder. Looks healthy enough
for me, her arms aren't sticks, etc. However, once you start
watching, you see they always seem to cut away before she
actually swallows the food she tries ... doesn't help the
perception she doesn't actually eat.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> But I cheat sometimes, and switch over Antony Bourdain on travel
> channel.
> That guy is amazing LOL
> Guido

Amazing? Like "The Amazing Kreskin." tee hee.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 13:12:05 +0100, jake wrote:

> I googled her to find out why there were comments about her not eating.

You *have* to watch her show to understand it fully. She takes a
bite, makes a big deal about chewing and seems to enjoy the food, but
the camera cuts away before she actually swallows it. It's good for a
cheap laugh or two. BTW: She IS a good cook and well worth watching
for her recipes and expertise.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 13:12:05 +0100, jake wrote:
>

>> I googled her to find out why there were comments about her not eating.

> You *have* to watch her show to understand it fully. She takes a
> bite, makes a big deal about chewing and seems to enjoy the food, but
> the camera cuts away before she actually swallows it. It's good for a
> cheap laugh or two. BTW: She IS a good cook and well worth watching
> for her recipes and expertise.

Sounds liek an eating disorder, sadly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

guido wrote:
> Talking about italian, Mario has some good dishes as well.

If you like watery sauce, maybe.

> But I cheat sometimes, and switch over Antony Bourdain on travel channel.
> That guy is amazing LOL

Yep. Way too good a personality not to have a cooking show of his own.

--Blair